Saturday, December 12, 2009

Japin Restaurant @ Sg. Wang Plaza



It was a fine late afternoon when I walked around Sungei Wang Plaza, searching for my brunch (Yes! It was 2:35pm and I haven't eaten anything yet!). And I found this in the concourse floor near Giant (place that use to be Parkson). Presenting the Japin Restaurant.....

How it attract me? First,it is a JAPANESE ramen house (I'm quite obsess with japanese stuff.) Second, the shop is mainly in Pink! Well, I think these 2 reason is more than enough for me to go in (haha).

Their choices of ramen are quite a lot (defnitely more than 10 type to choose) and all come in set too (included tea and salad). Since my dar dar already ate something, so we only ordered 1 set of ramen and 1 side order.



The Green Tea that comes with the set.
I found that their quite nice to give us an extra cup of cold water when they found out we only ordered 1 drink (cause most of the restaurant wouldn't do the same thing).



Salad that comes with the ramen set too.
A small plate of salad with some cabbages, carrots and corns in it. Love the sweet taste of the mayonnaise. I think they put some ebiko in it too, cause I saw some red dots in the mayonnaise.


Syoyu Ramen (RM 14.60 - set price)
The most basic ramen in the restaurant.Comes with 2 pieces of japanese char siu and 1 half boiled egg. Like any other Syoyu Ramen, the soup is clear and sweet. The ramen here are thinner than those that I used to eat, looks more like wantan mee to me. Anyway, my favorite in this bowl was.....


The Half Boiled Egg!!!

It looks like it was fully cooked from outside, but when I bite it, the liquid from the yolk starting to dripped out.....loved the taste of the egg. Wanted to order the egg for extra side order, but felt that is quite expensive if you order the egg alone.....(RM 1.80/ egg)


Last, but not least.....the Gyoza!(RM 6.80/ 6 pieces)
I love to eat gyoza, no matter is the chinese or japanese version.
The wat they cook their gyoza here is a bit different from outside. I ordered gyoza in so many restaurant before and most of them will fried to burn the skin a bit or some even deep fried the whole gyoza (poor gyoza). From what I read from book, gyoza should only fried 1 side, with some flour and water as base on the pan (hope you know what I'm talking about.....cause I don't really understand my own word either...haha). Erm, what I'm trying to say is, I think they use the right matter to cook the gyoza in this restaurant.

The skin is crunchy, and the filling is definitely more than those that I tried before. Nice!

Other than ramen, they serve other japanese rice sets and dessert too. I think I'll visit this restaurant again to try out other stuff (or maybe just for the sake of the EGG!!!)





1 comment: